Objective Travel Safety specialises in training a wide range of professionals & individuals prior to their travels. Since 2002, we have been running Hostile Environment Safety Courses for journalists deploying to conflict zones, we currently have a contract with the European Broadcast Union and have run courses for most of the UK's print and TV media. We also run courses for Business Travellers, NGOs and multi national companies sending employees to post conflict countries. In addition, courses are also available to expeditions and Objective trained Ewan McGregor & Charley Boorman before both the Long Way Round & Long Way Down motor bike expeditions. For information on other courses please refer to www.objectivetravelsafety.com Read More...
- Ansbach explosion: Syrian asylum seeker blows himself up in Germany
- Yahoo sold to US telecoms giant Verizon
- Noodle vendor faces down Shanghai 'cartel'
- Florida nightclub shooting: Two dead and 16 injured in Fort Myers
- Rio 2016: New Zealander Jason Lee 'kidnapped' in Olympic Games host city
- California struggles to contain wildfire near Los Angeles
- US election: Email row claims Debbie Wasserman Schultz
- China shuts several online news sites for independent reporting
- Bollywood's Salman Khan freed in poaching case
- Turkey coup attempt: 'Arrest warrants issued' for journalists
- Koffi Olomide case: Zambia gig cancelled after 'assault'
- Bangladesh factory boy's killing: Police arrest official
- Nintendo shares plunge on Pokemon profit fears
- California wildfires: Hundreds forced to flee homes
- Inside US camp close to IS-held Mosul
- Refugee judo stars hope for Rio win
- Rio 2016: Man arrested for trying to grab Olympic Torch
- Tim Kaine: Hillary Clinton unveils running mate
- Angela Merkel: 'We are in deep and profound mourning'
- CEO Secrets: Lily Cole shares three tips for business success
- Moscow plans Pokemon Go-style app to 'catch' historic figures
- Star Trek knocks Pets from US box office top spot
- New Zealand aims to become predator-free by 2050
- North Korea's Kim Jong-un loses access to Swiss watches
- Fur flies over New Zealand cat ban
- Fear factor
- App happy
- From curry to pizza
- Steely vision
- School's out
- On its own
- Michelangelo's mountain
23 Jul, 2016
India - monsoon arrives
Turkey - High threat from Terrorism, especaily in Ankara & Istanbul
Southern Africa - drought conditions affect most countries, crops failing a food ...
17 Jul, 2016
The best bits of Latin America are the rural areas. The topography and environment is diverse, there are many cultural and historical differences and most gappers have a superb time. Our rural...
16 Jun, 2016
Thailand has a reputation for scams, crime and drugs and therefore travellers need to keep to be careful. It must be remembered that there are very severe penalties for drugs smuggling in all SE ...
Is an attempted coup taking place in Turkey? Erdogan government has been challenging many areas of society & civil liberties.
... read more
Just finished Day 4 of our 5 day training course for journalists going to conflict zones. Held at the beautiful... https://t.co/MWuGMqrXTI
... read more
Just finished Day 4 of our intensive 5 day HEST organised by @EBU_Academy. Now time to relax https://t.co/YCRznYyuhn
... read more
Historic news, the Colombian Government & FARC are to sign a historic peace deal in Havana, Cuba tomorrow, 23... https://t.co/mXr5BkGy4j
... read more
As a 22 year old post university, I initially thought it overcautious when my neurotic mother signed me up for the course ahead of a solo 4 month trip to Central America. I thought I was sensible enough to know what to do while travelling (even though I hadn’t been before) and was worried the course would just scare me – I was already beginning to feel pretty nervous as my departure date approached. Ellie, Jan 2016
I have been meaning to write to the team at Objective Travel ever since I got back from three months travelling in Africa back in 2013. I had attended your brilliant Objective Gap Safety course in December 2012 but, crucially, my travelling partner had not. Ed, June 2013
Currently half way through my 5 month travels, I can only now appreciate how useful the course was, with advice and tips constantly in the back of my mind and Charlie remaining an ever knowledgable and accessible source of information. I would highly recommend this to anyone heading travelling. Thanks so much! Milo, March 2016